JOHN FIORELLO is a founding partner of the law firm of Fiorello Puccio & Fiorello LLC and has been practicing law in northern New Jersey since 1965. Mr. Fiorello's practice focuses primarily on Family Law, an area in which he has extensive experience. He was awarded the Professional Lawyer of the year Award for Passaic County in 2000 given by the Commission on Professionalism in the Law.
Mr. Fiorello received his Juris Doctor Degree from Seton Hall University School of Law in 1962 where he was a Centennial Scholar. He received his Bachelor of Arts Degree from Seton Hall University in 1959.
Mr. Fiorello concentrates his practice in the area of Family Law including divorce, custody and visitation, spousal and child support, property settlement agreements, prenuptial agreements, domestic violence and related areas. He also handles local government, zoning and planning matters and served as Municipal Attorney for the Township of Wayne for 8 years, and as Assistant Passaic County Counsel for 3 years. He serves as special counsel for the Township of Wayne for affordable housing matters and as attorney for the Woodland Park Board of Adjustment. Mr. Fiorello also handles civil litigation matters at the trial and appellate levels.
He is involved in leadership positions in the New Jersey State Bar Association and Passaic County Bar Association. Mr. Fiorello served as President of the Passaic County Bar Association (1993-1994). He continues to serve as a Trustee of that Association and served as Chairperson of its Family Law Section for several years. Mr. Fiorello has served as a Trustee of the New Jersey State Bar Association (2000-2006). He is a member of the Family Law Section of that Association and is a member of the Executive Committee of the Family Law Section. He is a member of the Executive Committee of the General Council. He previously served on the Passaic County District XI Fee Arbitration Committee. He is a member of the New Jersey State Bar Association Judicial and Prosecutorial Appointments Committee
Mr. Fiorello was a founding member and a Master of the Northern New Jersey Family Law Inn, American Inns of Court. He is also an approved Mediator of economic matters in Family Law cases. He has appeared as a presenter at Family Law Continuing Education Programs. Mr. Fiorello has served, pro bono, as the attorney for the Wayne Township Memorial First Aid Squad since 1989.
Mr. Fiorello served on active duty in the United States Army Reserves from 1963 to 1965 and was honorably discharged with the rank of Captain.
Year Joined Firm
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Matrimonial Law
- Child Custody and Visitation
- Spousal and Child Support
- Domestic Violence
- Removal Matters
- Mediation of Family Law Matters
- Civil Litigation and Appeals
- Zoning, Planning & Land Use
Certified Legal Specialties
- Court Qualified Mediator, Economic Issues in Family Matters
- New Jersey, 1962
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 1962
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1966
- Seton Hall University School of Law, Newark, New Jersey
- J.D. - 1962
- Seton Hall University, South Orange, New Jersey
- B.A. - 1959
- "Call Daddy and Tell Him I'm Sick--when Children Refuse to Visit", 25 New Jersey Family Lawyer, Nov 2, 2004
- "The Importance of the Pendente Lite Application", ATLA Boardwalk Seminar, 1999
- "Children, Divorce and Custody", New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education (ICLE), 1998
- "Employability Experts- Do They Make A Difference", 2008 Hot Tips In Family Law Seminar, ICLE, 2008
- "Pendente Lite Child Support", Hot Tips In Family Law Seminar, ICLE, 2007
- "Jury Trials for Marital Torts", Hot Tips In Family Law Seminar, ICLE, 2009
- "Intercepting and Recording Electronic or Wire Communications in Family Court Matters", Novel and Cutting Edge Issues in Family Law, ICLE, 2009
- "Hughes V. Hughes, Not for Determining the Length of a Long Term Marriage", Hot Tips In family Law Seminar, ICLE, 2011
- In re Passaic County Utilities Authority, 164 N.J. 270 (2000)
- Cacciarelli v. Boniface, 325 N.J.Super. 133 (Ch.Div. 1999)
- City of Paterson v. Paterson General Hospital, 104 N.J.Super. 472 (App.Div. 1969)
- First New Jersey Bank v. F.L.M. Business Machines, 130 N.J.Super. 151 (Law Div. 1974)
- Staver v. Staver, 217 N.J.Super. 541 (Ch.Div. 1987)
- Township of Wayne
- Borough of Woodland Park Board of Adjustment
- Wayne Senior Citizens Runnymede Corp.
Honors and Awards
- Recipient, Professional Lawyer of the Year Award, for Passaic County by the New Jersey Commission on professionalism in the Law in 2000
- Recipient of AV Preeminent Peer Review Rating through Martindale Hubbell. This rating indicates that Mr. Fiorello was rated by his fellow attorneys to have achieved the highest level of professional excellence.
- Selected to Super Lawyers, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2012
- Recipient of Centennial Scholarship, Seton Hall Law School
- Recognized in Top Attorneys in Family Law in the New Jersey Monthly Magazine, 2012 and 2013